Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meal Planning ~ Come Grocery Shopping With Me

Dear blogging friends. I thought I'd take you on a tour of my grocery store. Will you please come with me and afterwards will you show me how you shop? I'd love to know. WINCO stands for Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California and Oregon. They will take manufacturer's coupons, but not Internet coupons.
The fruit and vegetables are clean and fresh
The eggs are fresh and priced right.
I've always liked the meat.


Seasonal or holiday food is lined up at the entry for convenience
Cereals, baking mixes, tang, tea bags
Pretzels, flour, cornmeal, sunflower seeds, nuts, honey
Spices, pasta, rice and legumes. Where are all the people? I shop at 7:30 am!!! I have the store to myself!!
Dried fruit. I love these craisins!!!
More dried fruit including figs
Vine ripe tomatoes
These prices are available without coupons
I honestly don't have time for clipping coupons. I will occasionally use them though.



Tomato sauce .24 cents a can for the small size
Often times WINCO places a price comparison note like this
The milk is fresh and always tastes good.
I'm a happy homemaker doing my best to budget and WINCO really helps.
I got more than a week's worth of groceries for $128.00, that's feeding six people. Not included in the picture was two gallons of milk, two cans of albacore tuna, two pounds of ground beef and a gallon of vinegar, also my canned goods and two cans of frosting for the cakes.
Three of them are hungry teenagers who eat a lot.
If you live in the Pacific NW you need to know about a store called WINCO. Other helps for my budget: Gardening
Freezing what I've grown
Canning what I've grown. (These photos are before my recent weight gain. I think I was 5 pounds under in the above pic.).
Thanks for coming with me. Please post about your budgeting and grocery shopping. I'd love to hear all about it. Have a pleasant day ~ Kathi
"The Lord is my helper."

No comments:

Post a Comment