Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Sister's Bookshelf

I just love my sister Sharon's bookshelves. They are filled with books about being a good wife and mother from a godly perspective. She and I have collected our books over the years at used bookstores and Goodwill. We both love learning how to please our husbands and love our children. She said this one helped her when she began working from home. We look for books with Scripture written by godly women. We both have shelves of these books, which we have actually read and highlighted, and some day plan to pass on to our daughters and daughter-in-laws.
I love the way Sharon adds little figurines and doilies to her bookshelves. She even has a card catalogue. We talked a lot about the Lord and prayed together. I'm so thankful for my sister.
This is Sharon I am so encouraged by her when I get to visit her home. "God's favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment