Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Off to the Beach

Hi Dad and Mom and blogging friends, We went to the beach during spring break. I just love that icy water on my toes.

Who can resist all those flavors of salt water taffy?
The famous salt water taffy boat full of candy. It's been there since I was a child. I love stuff like this. I want my children to experience the same things I did. Off to the Oregon Aquarium:
Our daughters, Jessica, Victoria, and son Garrett, and Victoria's friend Jordan inside the shark tunnel at the Oregon Aquarium. Stacey, my husband, and our other son Harrison were having fun at the dirt-bike and thrift stores.
Garrett found Nemo.


It's tradition to go to Mo's for lunch. They have wonderful seafood. Stacey and I love it and each other.
Our son Harrison and Victoria's friend Jordan waiting for their meal. The waitress paid us the best compliment parents want to hear. She said our kids were polite and friendly. She said it's a joy to serve them. They smile and speak respectfully. Our hearts were so happy to hear this.

We are so proud of the kids. They bring us such joy.
Oh the joy of being on the beach, even if it's cloudy.
Fun, fun fun...
More fun...
There is something so intriguing and inspiring about lighthouses. We went inside and learned many facts about them.
This one in Newport is the tallest.
As you can see behind me the rocky cliffs, which the lighthouse protected ships from during the night. It reminds me of the old song, "Jesus is the Lighthouse..." Jesus protects my life from life's sharp jagged rocks and keeps me safe from ship wrecking along the rough shore. He brings my life to safe harbors. He also provides my "boat" (life) with a rudder, motor and he is an anchor. He keeps my little "boat" (life) from drifting aimlessly.
What else did we do during spring break?
Harrison invited his friends over on a rainy Saturday afternoon for an air soft war out in the muddy shady thicket. They loved it. During breaks they came into the shop to warm up and eat.
Jessica, Victoria and their friend Abby helped us serve food to the boys. They were cheerful helpers.
We served baked beans, hot dogs, Mountain Dew and cake for dessert.

We cooked the food inside the house, but kept it hot sitting on top of the wood stove.
The boys came from several high schools, church, former homeschool groups and buddies from Washington, who we knew before living here. They were one happy bunch.
I had been looking for a boom box. Did you know they are hard to find? They are out-dated. Kids want i-pods instead, so I guess they are not making them anymore. Well I love them and wanted one with a Cd player, radio and tape recorder.
Don't 'cha just love Goodwill? Yep, I found this lovely little red perfect boom box for me for just $14.99 and it works! I'm so thankful for these bargain that God brings my way.
I decided to try orzo pasta. I cooked the noodles, then added fresh flat leaf parsley, Smart Balance, grated sharp white cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic.
I tossed it all together and "Wah La." It is very yummy.
As you can see behind Stacey, the old gate broke in two. This is not good if you have six large cows in your pasture.
They got right to work and replaced it.
Stacey said he appreciates Harrison's help so much.
It's spring here on the farm. I'm enjoying all these gorgeous blooms. Have a wonderful day. Love, Kathi "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives liberaly and without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment