Monday, December 24, 2007

Wisdom for Mothers ~ Go to the Lord For the Answer

Mothers do you feel discouraged? Does fear sometimes over-take you? Does the enemy bring doubt and frustration into your mind, to keep you feeling like a failure as a mother?
The same power that raised Jesus from the dead, is in us to help us. That power from the Holy Spirit is in Christians to enable us to live godly lives to help us live for Jesus, and be those confident good wives and mothers. "THE LORD IS MY HELPER." Psalm 30:10 Is confidence at being a good mother what our goal should be? I think NOT. There are mothers out there who had all kinds of confidence. They thought they were being good mothers. Joan Crawford thought she was an excellent mother and wanted the whole world to think so also. From Christina, her adopted daughter, we heard a very different side of the story.
Confidence is only part of what I want. What I want is to BE a good mother and for God to HELP me to be that GOOD mother. I want WISDOM from HIM. Satan would like for me to feel discouraged, and to remind me of my failures. Sometimes I actually feel like I am like the picture above. Satan preys upon our minds..."The devil walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." 1Peter 5:8 It's a lie from the enemy. I am, by God's grace, and by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT, able to be the kind of good mother, the Lord wants me to be. QUOTING SCRIPTURE IS QUOTING THE TRUTH. I AM CAPABLE THROUGH JESUS, TO BE WHO JESUS WANTS ME TO BE. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God , which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 The Lord wants us to ask for WISDOM, and He promises to give it. I have been realizing my great need for the Lord's help in being the good mother I'd like to be. He has helped me think of ideas for blessing my children and family, as well as creative discipline. I praise God for this. At times I have failed to see a problem, or an area needing correction in my child. I am blinded and see that child as A Little Angel. I've asked the Lord to give me discernment and wisdom to see those areas that need correction. Here is a sample of a small thing, but it was huge to me. I got the idea and then realized it must have come from God, as I'd been asking specifically for WISDOM in my mothering. I'm TOO nice, at times. Which can be used by the enemy as weakness. One of my daughters was unwrapping an ice cream sandwich, and at the same time scowling and saying mean words to her little brother. I said, "You are not being SWEET. Put the ice cream sandwich away. You may not have anymore sweets for the day. Your disposition does not match the sweetness of that dessert."
A second daughter did the same thing and there were no sweets for her either. By the next day I had two very sweeter daughters. Only God could have given me that instant wisdom to act in such a way. Believe me the respect for Mom went up quite a bit!! Praise God. I don't want to compare myself to other mothers, but I do think it's okay to have role models. I love Ma from Little House on the Prairie. Instead of comparing myself I want to ask the Lord to just let me be who He wants me to be. Mothers, do not hesitate to ask the Lord Jesus Christ for wisdom in your mothering. He wants us to ask and He is faithful to give us the exact answer we need. I'm so thankful for this.
"If any of you lasks wisdom let him ask of God, who gives liberally and without reproach." James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment